Date & Time: Thursday, 14 May, 2009 at 5PM
Location: RJ Julia Boosellers, 768 Boston Post Rd, Madison, CT 06443
Here are the details from RJ Julia Booksellers :
BAM! We are thrilled and delighted to host world famous celebrity chef and restaurant owner Emeril Lagasse for a book signing. This is a ticketed book signing; you will receive a ticket when you purchase a copy of Emeril at the Grill from R. J. Julia. Meet the legend himself when he comes to Madison for a book signing!
Please note! Only copies of Emeril at the Grill purchased through R. J. Julia will be signed. Other signing restrictions may apply and will be announced the day of the signing.
If you are not able to make it to the event, you can still order a signed copy by clicking here.
Emeril at the Grill releases on April 28th and is not available before this date.
If you are unable to attend the above event, here are more Emeril book signing events coming soon:
- 5/5/09 7:00 PM at Bookends – East Ridgewood Ave. Ridgewood, NJ.
- 5/6/09 7:00 PM at Barnes & Noble – Smith Haven Mall. Lake Grove, NY.
- 5/11/09 Noon at Borders Books – Broadway. New York, NY
- 6/6/09 2:00 PM at Borders Books – Leesburg Pike. Vienna, VA
Emeril John Lagasse (born October 15, 1959) is an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, television personality, and cookbook author. A regional James Beard Award winner, he is perhaps most notable for his Food Network shows Emeril Live and Essence of Emeril as well as catchphrases such as “Kick it up a notch!” and “BAM!” He is a 1978 graduate of Johnson & Wales University’s College of Culinary Arts. The “Emeril Empire” of media, products and restaurants generates an estimated USD$150 million annually in revenue.
Lagasse initially gained fame in the culinary world as executive chef of Commander’s Palace. After leaving Commander’s he opened his first restaurant, Emeril’s, in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1990. It was designated “Restaurant of the Year” in Esquire magazine of that year. Lagasse is mainly known for his emphasis on Creole and Cajun cooking styles. Indeed, many of his restaurants, as well as his corporate office, Emeril’s Homebase, are located in New Orleans. Lagasse is the executive chef and proprietor of ten restaurants.
In April 2008, Emeril closed the doors on Emeril’s Atlanta, which had been open since 2003. Emeril’s Atlanta has been the only Emeril’s restaurant to close.
Lagasse has written several best-selling cookbooks, from Emeril’s New New Orleans Cooking, his first book which was published in 1993, to Emeril’s Delmonico, published in 2005.
* Emeril’s New New Orleans Cooking (1993)
* Louisiana Real and Rustic (1996)
* Emeril’s Creole Christmas (1997)
* Emeril’s TV Dinners (1998)
* Every Day’s a Party (1999)
* Emeril’s There’s a Chef in My Soup!: Recipes for the Kid in Everyone (2002)
* From Emeril’s Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril’s Restaurants (2003)
* Emeril’s Potluck: Comfort Food with a Kicked-Up Attitude (2004)
* Emeril at the Grill: A Grilling Book for all Seasons (2009)
book signing reference: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8944/