Coming soon only from veryfinebooks. The original 1543 First Edition is now valued at over $300,000 but you will have the opportunity to acquire the Easton Press leather bound edition (2013) for only a fraction of this price.
De Humani Corporis Fabrica (“On the Fabric of the Human Body”) by Easton Press is a magnificent re-creation of Andreas Vesalius’s brilliantly illustrated textbook of human anatomy from 1543.
The father of modern human anatomy, Vesalius created the first great printed volume on the workings of the human body, with illustrations far superior to any produced previously. So important was this work that it resulted in Vesalius’s fame and appointment as physician to the Holy Roman Emperor.
This edition is limited to only 400 hand-numbered copies and includes the following features:
- All the original illustrations from the groundbreaking 1543 edition.
- A guide in English to this landmark work.
- Two-color stamping.
- A fabric covered slipcase for storage and display.
- Hand-numbered and limited to only 400 copies worldwide
- Luxuriously bound in full genuine leather
- Oversized 10.5″ x 15.5″
- Sealed in the original shrink-wrap
- High quality archival and acid-free paper.
- Custom-crafted slipcase
- beautidul satin ribbon marker
- over 700 pages.
This edition is now SOLD OUT from the publisher.
For more information and details, give us a call at (978) 572 – 5708